The Hub for the Exchange of Music Innovation (HEMI) is an initiative of 10 music organizations from Central and South Eastern Europe (CSEE), co-funded by the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union for 4 years (2020-23)
Developed as a Cluster, partnership includes Public and Private organizations, Associations, Festival and Conference Organizers, Export Offices and a Music Business school, HEMI aims to create a sustainable “Music Hub” with the objective to:
- Develop innovative business models between consortium partners to jointly capitalize on distinctive but complementary assets (conferences, Festivals and products),
- Co-produce and co-promote new events / products to create strong brand awareness,
- Create an Incubator to support the professionalization & internationalization of CSEE music professionals (i.e. fellows),
- Support CSEE music professionals vocational and educational training (VET) with new models to meet current market needs.
In other words, we aim to ensure that artists and music professionals will reach new audiences and markets!
To achieve this goals over the next 3 years (2021-2023), HEMI will develop activities comprised of conferences, festivals, events, panels, workshops, webinars, mentoring and pitching sessions to secure permanent networking activities through 3 main projects:
HEMI Music Awards: the talent programme for Artists
HEMI Incubator: the business activities to support music entrepreneurs
- HEMI Sphere: the platform with educational content, coaching sessions and news, to discover the sound from our HemiSphere!
- Technopolis City of Athens (GR) / Lead Partner – Athens Music Week
- Almost Famous Music Business School – MHRS (HU) – BuSH
- Romanian Artists Worldwide Association (RO) – Mastering the Music Business
- Foundation Exit (RS) – Exit Festival
- Krakow Music Scene Foundation (PL) – Tak Brzmi Miasto Conference
- Arts Theatre Institute – SoundCzech (CZ) – CEEntral Party
- Krakow Festival Office (PL) – Wianki Festival
- Music Estonia (EE) – Tallinn Music Week
- Password Production (MK) – PIN Conference
- Slovenian Music Information Centre – SIGIC (SI) – MENT Ljubljana