New Brexit UPDATED requirements and what you need to know to continue touring the UK coming from Europe. A webinar, covering all the essential information ranging from work permits, visas, Carnets, payments and taxes. We will also be taking a closer look at the UK post-Brexit booking landscape generally.
This event will be led by Ian Smith, CEO of two key international music agencies based in the UK and Austria for over 20 years also a new company now launched www.oyeah.eu based in Vienna 2021 and founder of Ukeartswork.info – a free fact-checked information initiative to keep creatives working with minimal disruption after Brexit in both directions. He has over 40 years of experience in touring as a musician / manager / tour manager and sound engineer. Smith also worked for 8 years pro bono as national chair of one of the sections of the UK Musicians Union.
Topics covered in the webinar:
- Entering the UK general information for EU and other third country nationals
- Work permits ? What’s the difference between the different routes and what are permit free events , do I need something if I’m not being paid for a showcase etc
- Carnets , do I need one and strategies for minimising the need for one if necessary
- Merchandise VAT ( MWST ) and import duty what do I have to do if I have merchandise for sale ( Or for promotional purposes )
- General negotiation needs in respect of work permits and Carnets when dealing direct with promoters in the UK
- The new booking landscape in the UK post covid and post Brexit
- Collaborating with non-EU citizens ( UK citizens ) as musicians and other creatives Dance / Film / Multi-media etc post Brexit
- Venues and general practice in the UK
Thursday 11. 11. 2021 at 17:00